1. Par-boil broccoli and reserve broccoli water to cook pasta in.
2. Drain broccoli
3. Heat olive oil in large frying pan-lightly brown garlic. (DO NOT BURN GARLIC)
4. Cook drained broccoli in heated garlic/oil mixture about 4-5 minutes making sure to completely coat broccoli in garlic/oil mixture. Broccoli should be a little soft and not mushy.
5. Cook pasta in broccoli water/drain completely
6. Reserve 1c of broccoli water just in case pasta/broccoli needs a little moisture
7. Remove garlic from broccoli in oil
8. In a large bowl/pot mix pasta, broccoli in oil, butter, cheese, salt and pepper
9. If mixture seems a little dry, add some broccoli water.
10. Serve with additional pecorino romano cheese. Some guests like extra cheese.