1. Make pie crust per package (or your own recipe's) directions.
2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about a ½-inch thickness.
MAKE CINNAMON SUGAR:
1. In a small bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, until well combined.
2. Spoon the mixture into the center of the pie crust. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the
3. Roll the crust into a tight spiral, starting with the side closest to you.
4. Cut the spiral-roll into ½-inch-thick pieces.
5. On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll each piece into a ¼-inch thick round.
6. Place the pieces in a pie plate, covering the bottom and the sides of the pan, overlapping them
slightly and pressing to seal. ( You may have to use a little water to "glue" them.)
7. Trim any excess hanging over the edge and use the tines of a fork to press indentations
all around the edge.
8. Chill the crust well before filling and baking. Bake according to your preferred pie recipe.