16 ounces (1 pound )uncooked spaghetti
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 eggs, beaten
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
6 slices American cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup finely chopped onions (optional)
1 large jar Spaghetti sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
8-oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Cook spaghetti according to pkg. directions. Drain.
2. Toss cooked spaghetti with 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 beaten eggs, and ⅓ cup grated parmesan
cheese. Place in buttered 9-inch x 13-inch oven dish.
3. Top spaghetti with 6 slices of American cheese.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350º .
5. Brown ground beef (and onion, if desired).
6. Add jar of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup cottage cheese to meat. Stir and pour over spaghetti.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and add 8 ounces of Mozzarella cheese.
8. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
9. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes, before serving.