1 lb. ground beef
1 lb.Ground Pork
Pam cooking spray (butter flavor)
2 tbsp. butter
1 medium onion
1 tbsp. kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. chipotle powder
1 tsp. paprika
2 c. firm bread, crust removed and diced OR 1-2 c. Ritz crackers crushed
1/2 c. whole milk
2 tbsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350º and coat a loaf pan with cooking spray
2. Melt the butter in a medium saute pan and add the onions and 1/4 tsp. of the salt. Sweat the onions, and then add the garlic and continue to cook. Stir in the chipotle powder and paprika and lightly toast with the onion mixture. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, soak the bread mixture until completely soft and hydrated. Squeeze out the excess milk and transfer to a large bowl along with the onion mixture, beef, sausage, parsley, black pepper, eggs, and remaining salt. Mix all together.
4. Pack this mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Let cool slightly (easier to slice).
5. Slice the meatloaf and serve with mashed potatoes.