3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cut into small pieces or strips
6 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
6-8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2-4 chopped green onions
10 oz. long rice (cellophane noodles)
8 oz chicken broth
1. Combine 2 Tbsp soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and pepper to create a marinade.
2. Add the chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Cover and soak long rice in cold water for 30 minutes.
4. Cut into eight lengths. (Smaller lengths can be used based on preference.)
5. Place a large skillet or wok over high heat. When hot add vegetable oil and marinated chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, turning often. Reduce heat and add mushrooms, green onions, long rice, chicken broth and remainder of soy sauce. Simmer until hot, stirring often - about 3 minutes.
Note - Long rice requires very little cooking time. It absorbs liquid very easily and can easily break down if cooked too long.
Makes 10 Servings.