In assembly line fashion for each color, set up 4 mixing bowls with corresponding stirring utensils, and jello/gelatin.
Repeat the following Basic Finger Jello Recipe Instructions for each color of the Rainbow starting from Red in this order - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green.
1. Mix Jello and Gelatin together in a bowl
2. Add water – 2 cups hot water to dissolve jello/gelatin, then add 1 cup cold water to cool mixture. Stir to dissolve all gelatin.
3. Stir in 1 cup whipping cream at room temperature. Stir constantly to prevent gelatin from coagulating.
4. Pour mixture into large measuring cup that can hold up to 6 cups - You should have approx 5 cups of liquid.
5. Using two large round flat tupperware pie takers or two 8.5"x11" pans, pour 1/2 mixture (approx 2 1/2 cups) into each flat container.
6. Refrigerate both pans for exactly 12-15 minutes till first layer till firm but not damp. Best to set a timer for precision. If too dry/firm, the layers will peel apart easily when eating. If jello is too wet, the added color will blend with the existing flavor. Note: The first Red layer will take longer to gel as liquid is warm. Successive layers will take a few minutes less - 10-12 minutes depending on your refrigerator temperature.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the next layers - Orange, Yellow, Green. It is best to create mixture for each color at the same time to allow mixture to cool sufficiently before refrigeration. Stir constantly to prevent gelatin from coagulating.
8. Refrigerate four layer jello overnight to ensure jello is firm.
9. Cut jello into small squares, and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. Display on serving trays.
Makes 30-50 appetizer servings.