1 box BARILLA Oven-Ready Lasagna
1 jar BARILLA Marinara sauce
1 jar BARILLA or MIDI Tomato & Basil sauce or Roasted Garlic sauce
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef or sausage, browned
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1 large (30-ounce) container ricotta cheese
4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated (or use grated Parmesan cheese)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375ºF.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown beef or sausage until cooked through; season with salt and pepper.
3 (Optional) Deglaze meat with white wine and reduce well.
4. In a bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese; stir well.
5. Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
6. Combine the spaghetti sauces, if you use two different types, & pour 1 cup sauce in the
bottom of the pan & spread evenly.
7. Top with 3 sheets of oven-ready lasagna. (The sheets expand to the end of pan while cooking.)
8. Pour 1 cup combined sauces over lasagna sheets;
9. Then pour 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture on top of sauce.
10. Top with 1/4 cup Mozzarella.
11. Follow with 1/3 cup of the cooked meat.
12. Repeat steps 7 - 11, three more times. (Total of 4 layers then.)
13. For the 5th layer, top with 3 sheets lasagna, pour remaining sauce over them; top with
remaining cheese mixture and mozzarella.
14. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
15. Remove foil from pan and bake an additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
16. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting.