1. Blot up as much of the urine as possible.
2. Mix 3 parts water to one part vinegar and saturate the spot.
3. Next, blot in all up again.
4. After it's dried, sprinkle the area with baking soda.
5. Next, stir 3/4 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide up with one tsp. dish detergent. To make sure the hydrogen peroxide won't discolor the carpet, first try this concoction on a small inconspicuous area.
6. Drizzle over the baking soda.
7. Use your fingers or an old brush to work the baking soda in. (A hairbrush with little bits of plastic over the tips works well.
8, Once it's dry, vacuum it up.
9. If there's still a slight odor and little bit of stain left when done, repeat the process.