12 oz Tortellini pasta
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
2 T all purpose flour
1 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
(Diced cooked chicken or shrimp optional)
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour, set aside.
3. Hest olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes (if using); season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in cream mixture and Parmesan, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in Tortellini (and chicken or shrimp if using), toss gently.
6. Serve immediately.