• 1 teaspoon flour
• 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
• 1 1/2 pound beef loin sirloin steak, cut crosswise into 3- by 1/4- by 1/4-inch strips
• 1/2 teaspoon season salt
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
• 4 bell peppers in assorted colors, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
• 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 3 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1 pk. of sazone
• 1 pk. Chicken flavored gravy mix
• Accompaniment: cooked white rice
1. Stir together chicken flavored gravy mix, flour, and 1/3 cup water in a cup.
2. Pat steak dry and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sazone. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch
heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir-fry half of steak until
browned but still pink inside, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and
repeat with remaining steak, adding 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
3. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet and stir-fry bell peppers, onion, and garlic, until onion is
golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Add sugar then stir in remaining 2 tablespoons water and cook,
covered, 3 minutes. Return steak to skillet; then stir in flour mixture. Bring to a boil and cook,
stirring, 2 minutes. Let steak cook until very tender.
4. Serve with white rice.