1. Place eggs in a pot. Fill pot with cold water, enough to cover the eggs. Add salt.
2. Bring eggs to a full boil. Cover pot with lid, turn off heat, and let eggs sit for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from stove element; drain and run cold water over the hard boiled eggs to cool them suddenly. Drain. Put hard-boiled eggs into a bowl and place in fridge for several hours, or overnight.
4. To remove shells easily, hold each one under cold running water as you peel it. Once all shells have been removed from the eggs, rinse them under cold water, to remove any tiny leftover pieces of shell.
5. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and pop the yolks into a medium-sized bowl.
6. Using two knives or a fork, mash the yolks until they are crumbly, with no larger-sized lumps.
7. Add Miracle Whip gradually to the yolks, a little at a time, until the yolks and Miracle Whip combine to make a smooth mixture, but not too soft or mushy. Start with 1 tablespoon of Miracle Whip, and if the yolk-mayonnaise mixture appears too dry, add more, a teaspoon at a time. Remember, it is easy to add more mayonnaise....it is impossible to remove it!
8. Season the yolks with salt and pepper. You can also add dry mustard or other spices that you may desire at this time if you wish.
9. Using a teaspoon, fill the egg white cavities to overflowing with the yolk mixture.
10. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika for decoration.
11. Refrigerate the devilled eggs until ready to serve.