Beef roast, 4 or 5 lbs
2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 shallot, minced
Sprigs of fresh thyme
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 T red pepper flakes
2 Bay leaves
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 T butter
1. In a bowl, whisk together the broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, shallot, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and red pepper flakes.
2. In a fry pan, search roast on all sides in oil, and add to slow cooker.
3. Pour the whisked liquid over roast, add garlic and thyme, and bay leaves.
4. Cover and cook in slow cooker for 4 or 6 hours.
5. When cooked, remove from liquid and allow to rest before slicing.
6. Remove 2 cups of liquid and pass through cheesecloth or several coffee filters. Setc aside.
7. In a saute pan,,melt butter and cook mushrooms on medium girv10 minutes or until browned and softened.
8. Plate roast, serve with the liquid ant top with sautéed mushrooms.