For the Crust:
2 cups graham crackers, pulsed into crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons butter, melted
For the New York Style Cheesecake:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, very soft
1 cup FullFat Sour Cream
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs + 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
3 tablespoons allpurpose flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
For the Fresh Strawberry Sauce:
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 small lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
2. For the Crust:
3. Lightly spray a 9" spring form pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
4. In the body of a blender or food processor combine graham crackers, sugar, and salt; blend until the crackers have been completely pulsed to crumbs. Add melted butter; stir well to combine. Press down firmly into the prepared 9 inch spring form pan; set aside.
5. For the New York Style Cheesecake Filling:
6. In the body of a high power blender, food processor, stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and sour cream until completely smooth.
7. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add in the eggs and yolks; beat until smooth. Stir in the flour, mixing just until combined.
8. Quickly stir in the cream, mixing just until it's incorporated in the batter.
9. Pour filling into prepared crust, and spread evenly.
10. Wrap the bottom of the pan in tin foil (I recommend doing a few diligent layers here; no one wants a wet crust).
11. Place the cheesecake pan into a large, deep pan. Fill the pan up with hot water half way. This is your water bath and will help ensure your cheesecake comes out crack free.
12. Place pan in the oven and cook cheesecake for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Turn oven off and let the cheesecake sit, undisturbed, for 55 minutes inside the oven with the door shut. The cheesecake should be still slightly wiggly.
13. Remove cake from oven, run a knife very gently around the edge of the cake, and let it sit in the pan for 15 more minutes before covering loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerating for at least 6 hours. When ready to serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream or fresh strawberry sauce and enjoy!
14. For the Fresh Strawberry Sauce:
15. Process 1 1/4 cups of strawberries, sugar and lemon zest in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl, stir in remaining sliced strawberries, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.