1 (6.9 oz) package chicken flavored rice and vermicelli mix with chicken broth and herbs (we use Rice a roni)
1 tbsp margarine
2 1/4 cup water
vegetable cooking spray
1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup pre sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp pepper
1 (10 3/4 oz) can reduced-fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 tbsp margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Cook rice mix in large nonstick skillet according to package directions, using 1 tbsp margarine and 2 1/4 cups hot water.
3. Remove mixture from skillet, set aside.
4. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and coat the skillet with cooking spray, and place over high heat until hot. Add chicken, mushrooms, and garlic powder; saute 6 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color.
5. Combine rice mixture, chicken mixture, sour cream, pepper and soup in a bowl; stir well.
6. Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray
7. Bake at 350º for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.