1. Preheat oven to 425º. That's right.
2. Skin potatoes, cut into chunks, add salt and potatoes to boiling water.
3. Microwave the cream cheese until slightly soft.
4. Check potatoes by sticking a fork in them. Drain and return to the pot.
5. Add milk, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, butter, 2 cups cheese (saving the rest), and the cream cheese.
7. Make it creamy. You may need to use a mixer.
8. Get out a baking dish 11 x 7. Pour in the potato mixture and spread out in the dish.
9. Add remaining cheese on top. If it doesn't look like enough, add some more.
10. Bake for about 25-30 minutes so cheese is beautifully bubbly and golden.
11. Cook up some bacon and add with green onions after potatoes are mashed.