1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 9x13 inch pan with foil, leaving enough for a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
2. First make the crust by creaming together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy in a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
3. Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
4. While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a sauce pan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
6. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
7. Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
8. Use the foil overhang to lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting board. Peel off the foil, slice into bars and serve.