1. 2 hours before preparing cookie dough, place honey in saucepan and heat on medium, just until it starts to boil. Watch carefully as it comes to a boil quickly. Remove from heat and cool completely. I usually boil the honey the night before and set it aside until Iím ready to make the cookie dough.
2. Once honey has cooled add to sugar and beat together well.
3. Add margarine and beat together
4. Add one egg at a time, beating together
5. Add vanilla & mix
6. Add baking soda and salt to flour & mix well together
7. Add flour mixture gradually to honey mixture to make a dough, donít overmix
8. Place in bowl and cover tightly
9. Refigerate overnight
10. Using a rolling pin, and using extra flour to cover rolling pin and rolling surface, roll out handful of dough at a time to approximately 1/8 of an inch thickness
11. Cut with cookie cutters
12. Use well greased cookie sheets
13. Bake 350F for approximately 6 to 8min. depending on thickness of cookies. Be careful not to burn.
14. Makes lots of cookies. They freeze very well and keep for a long time in the freezer