1. In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugars, and peanut butter for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture lightens in color.
2. In another bowl, thoroughly whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set the mixture aside.
3. On low speed, add the egg to the peanut butter mixture, blending well. Add the vanilla extract, blend well.
4. On low speed, add the flour mixture to the peanut butter and blend until just combined. Add the peanuts.
5. Using an eating spoon, scoop the dough into rough ball shapes. Smooth each ball by rolling it between the palms of your hands. Roll each ball into a bowl of granulated sugar and placed them spaced 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Using the flat bottom of a drinking glass or a dry measuring cup, flatten each ball into a circle.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are very light brown. Do not over bake.
4. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place 1 of the reserved Hershey kisses in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly to help them adhere. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the sheet pan and cool on cooling racks.