* In a large skillet brown then drain: hamburger, onion, peppers & garlic.
* Stir in 1TBS chili powder & cook for 30 seconds.
* Add 1 cup tomato juice, beans, oregano, salt & rice.
* Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
* Stir in corn, mushrooms, olives. You may need to add more tomato juice.
*Cover & cook 5 more minutes.
*Sprinkle with cheese. Cover until cheese melts.
*Serve with warm chips, sour cream & salsa.
This recipe came from a Cooking for Two cookbook that Jane gave me shortly after Susan & I were engaged. At the time I was living by myself in Dallas.~Phil