2C Breadcrumbs (or torn italian bread chunks)
1 Large Onion - finely diced
2T Olive Oil
6 Cloves Garlic - minced
2T Oregano - fresh, finely chopped
2T Basil - fresh, finely chopped
2 Large Eggs
1/2C Parmesan cheese - grated
2lbs Ground Beef
1t Garlic Salt
1t Freshly ground pepper
4C Marinara Sauce - see Marinara Sauce recipe
1. Place the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl, add milk and combine well.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
3. Add the diced onion, garlic and heat - 2-3 min
4. Combine, the onion mixture, the breadcrumb mixture and the oregano, basil, eggs, cheese and ground beef. Mix well.]
5. Form the meat mixture into meatballs - about 1" in size - these will be small - if you prefer to have larger meatballs - just make them larger!
6. Heat oven to 425º
7. Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until browned - about 20 minutes.
8. Add the browned meatballs to the Marinira Sauce and heat through
9. Serve with your favourite pasta.