1. Heat together (do not boil) butter, milk, sugar, salt.
2. Cool liquid to room temperature.
3. Dissolve yeast into luke warm milk mixture. To proof dry yeast, sprinkle the yeast over the liquid and gently stir. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Sift 3 cups of flour into a mixing bowl.
5. Gradually pour the liquid mixture into the flour, stirring with each addition-you can use a mixer with a dough hook. Set mixer on low speed.
6. Gently mix the flour and liquid until it forms a soft, smooth dough.
7. Rise dough in non drafty place until doubled in size-about 40 minutes.
8. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Sprinkle the top with flour.
9. Sprinkle flour on the dough as you knead it- the dough should be soft but not sticky. Form into a round.
10. Place dough on baking sheet covered in parchment paper or in a round baking mold.
11. Rise dough until doubled in size-about 30 minutes.
12. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
13. Bake dough for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
14. Turn oven down to 350 degrees-continue cooking break additional 30 minutes.
15. Bread is done when golden brown and has hollow sound when knocked on.