1 (22 oz.) package frozen mashed potatoes
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped and cooked (microwaved or steamed)
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 tbsp. A-1 steak sauce
2 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Cook potatoes according to package directions, set aside.
3. Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
4. Drain beef and return to skillet.
5. Add carrot, peas, steak sauce, tomato paste, flour, salt and pepper to taste, and broth.
6. Cook, stirring constantly 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
7. Spoon mixture into a large baking dish coated with cooking spray.
8. Top with mashed potatoes
9. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more.