• Preheat oven to 350°
• Chop onion
• Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain off fat. Stir in garlic salt.
• Heat oil in another clean skillet over medium-high heat.
• Fry tortillas one at a time and set aside on a separate plate.
• Spread one half ( ½ ) (or more if needed) jar of salsa on the bottom of a large casserole dish.
• Layer half the tortillas on the salsa
• Spread half of the ground beef over the tortillas.
• Spread one can of the hominy and one can of the green chilies over the ground beef.
• Sprinkle with one package cheese.
• Repeat layers – spread ½ or ¾ jar of salsa on cheese, then rest of tortillas, ground beef, hominy, and green chilies.
• Cover with remaining cheese and top with remaining salsa.
• Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly.