1. Place sausage and ground beef in large sauce pan and cook over medium heat breaking up meat as you brown. Stir in mushrooms, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper, cooking on medium high until mushrooms give up their juices and bottom of pan is almost dry.
2. Pour prepared marinara ( I have been using Alessi Brand) onto meat mixture. Add water to jar and shake to get all of the sauce out and add to pan. Simmer for a couple of hours until meat is very tender. Add a little water if sauce becomes too thick while simmering and additional salt and pepper to taste. Skim off excess fat.
3. Preheat oven to 375º F when ready to assemble and bake.
4. Beat eggs in large bowl, stir in Ricotta, 8 oz diced mozzarella, 2/3 cup parmigiano-reggiano. season with 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup fresh parsley,
5. Boil lasagne noodles in salted water until firm to bite. DO NOT OVER COOK! They will finish cooking when in oven. Drain and rinse and put in bowl of cold water to stop cooking and then drain and reserve.
6. Lightly oil a 10x 15 bake pan and coat the bottom and sides of the pan with 1/4 of the sauce. Try and limit the amount of meat on this layer. There will be 3 layers of noodles when you build the lasagne.
Top sauce with 1st layer of noodles, then top with 1/2 of the Ricotta cheese mixture, and then 1/4 of the meat sauce.
Layer 2nd set of noodles, remaining 1/2 Ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/4 meat sauce.
Arrange last 1/3 noodles over sauce and cover with remaining 1/4 of reserved meat sauce.
7. Tap casserole on flat surface to settle layers. Dot remaining 8 oz fresh mozzarella and finally 3/4 cup Parmesan.
8. Cover casserole with pam sprayed foil to keep from sticking and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove cover and cook another 30 to 35 min until brown and bubbling. Let sit for about 20 minutes before cutting.