• 1 ½ cups butter, softened
• 1 ¾ cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 3 cups flour
• 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
• ¼ tsp. salt
• 1 cup lemonade
• 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 2 tsp. corn starch
• ¼ cup sugar
• ¼ cup water
• 1-cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed.
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with lemonade, beating well after each. Fold in blueberries.
3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake for 45 – 50 min at 350 F or until a toothpick inserted at center comes out dry. Cool for 20 min before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir a minute longer or until thickened. Serve warm with cake