1. Slice the chicken and fry in a little oil. Season with Salt pepper and cumin
2. Then add the Green chile enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, and onion. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. You will be making 3 layers: Spoon 1/4 of mixture in a 9x13 dish, top with 6 tortillas. I cut the tortillas in half so they layer much better and more even.
4. Spoon another 1/4 of mixture on tortillas, place layer of whole chiles 1/3 of can, and 2/3 cup of cheese, top with 6 of the tortillas. I slice the green chiles down one side and open them up so they cover the layer better and are not doubled up.
5. Repeat step 4 for next layer
6 Top with last 1/4 of mixture, remaining green chiles, and 2/3 cup cheese
Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes covered for most of the time so top doesn't get over cooked.
Goes well served on a bed of lettuce with a little sour cream and diced tomatoes sprinkled on top.