1. Trim any excess fat from beef. Cut beef into serving sz. pieces; season with salt & pepper.
2. Scrub potatoes, cut into quarters. Cut carrots & parsnip into 3/4 in. slices
Slice celery into 1 1/2 to 2 in. pieces.
3. Place all ingredients in slow cooker, pour broth over veg's & beef.
4. Cover slow cooker & cook on LOW 8 to 9 hrs. or til beef is tender.
5. Remove arrange on platter, discard bay leaves.
Ladle 2 C. broth from slow cooker. Place in sauce pan , bring to a boil. For each cup of juice , mix 1/4 cup of cold water and 2 T. flour til smooth add to the boiling broth, stirring constantly til thickened.