1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Let's start things off right. Let's fry up the bacon. Bacon Makes everything right.
3. Next, wash the potatoes and rub the skin liberally with canola oil. Place on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hr, until the potatoes are fork tender.
4. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
5. With a tbsp. scrape out the inner part of the potatoes, leaving a small margin of potato in the skins.
6. Brush both sides of the potato skin with canola oil. Salt both sides really good.
7. Place the skins cut side down on the pan and return to the oven.
8. Bake for 7 minutes then flip the skins to the other side.
9. Bake for 7 minutes more; or until the skins are crispy. If you're starving, dip one skin in sour cream and have yourself a snack. Repeat as needed.
10. Now grate the cheddar, I buy already grated.
11. Chop the bacon into bits.
12. Sprinkle cheese into each potato skin.
13. Then sprinkle with bacon and return to the oven just until the cheese melts.
14. Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon of sour cream on each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
15. Then simply place them on a platter, walk over to your spouse or if you are having a party, walk into the room and see what it feels like to become the most popular person in the room.