1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan or microwave, heat the milk and butter until the butter is melted and the milk scalded.
3. In mixing bowl, beat the eggs well. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture and add the vanilla. Using a whisk, mix well.
5. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan/ Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Frost with Chocolate Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brewed coffee.
1. Using an electric mixer, cream butter; Add cocoa blending well.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla
3. Add coffee, a little at a time, until spreading consistency. Add more coffee, a few drops at a time if the frosting is too thick. Makes frosting for one 9x13 " cake.