3-1/2 cups flour
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp-
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly
4 large eggs, room temperature
1-2/3 cups canned solid pack
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup molasses
2 tbsps dark rum
l-1/2 cups pecans, toasted and
1/2 cup crystallized ginger, minced
1. Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in medium bow. Set aside.
3. Using electric mixer, cream butter with both sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, sour cream, molasses and rum. Mix in dry ingredients, pecans and ginger.
4. Pour batter into greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hr and 15 minutes. Cool cake 15 minutes in pan on rack. Turn cake out onto rack, glaze and let cool. BUTTERMILK GLAZE; 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup buttermilk,
1/4 cup butter, 1 tbsp corn syrup, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla.
1. In a sauce pan, measure in the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda. Boil 5 to 6 minutes until thick and syrupy.