2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
2 tsp. Minced garlic(dried) or 4 cloves minced
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp.Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
1/2 c. Onion chopped
1/2 Green Bell Pepper chopped
1 lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
2 cans (8oz each) Tomato Sauce
1 can Black Beans drained & rinsed
1 can Whole Kernel Corn undrained
1 can (4.5oz) Chopped Green Chilles undrained
1 8oz bag shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
6 flour tortillas
Guacamole, sour cream, salsa and cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Brown meat with onion and bell pepper in a large skillet on med high. Drain.
3. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, green chilles. Mix well.
4. Stir in all spices EXCEPT red pepper & bring to boil, reduce to low and simmer 5 min.
5. Spread 1/2 c. meat mixture on bottom of 13x9 pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
6. Top with 3 tortillas ( overlapping if needed)
7. Layer with 1/2 the remaining beef mixture, 1/2 crushed red pepper(over half the meat mixture so one side mild one side spicy), and 1/2 the cheese.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7
9. Bake 15 min or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Let stand 5 min before serving
Top with Cilantro, Salsa, Sour Cream & Guacamole