1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb medium ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 bay leaves
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven or heavy pot; add onion and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, ground beef& salt and cook over medium heat, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon,
until no pink remains.
3. Don't drain off fat as this helps the sauce to"cling" to the pasta.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce& tomato paste; mix well, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
5. Use the red wine to rinse the tomato cans& remove any product left behind- then add to the Dutch oven.
6. Add spices& mix well; bring the mixture to a boil, then lower heat& simmer for AT LEAST 4 hours,
7. If you find that the sauce is getting too thick for your taste, add a little water.
8. Remove bay leaves, ladle over your favorite type of spaghetti& sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.