1. Wash and soak the beans overnight. Alternatively boil water, tkae off the the stove and let beans soak in the boiled water for 1 hour.
2. Clean and peal the squash, leaving it in large pieces.
3. Peel and dice the tomoates, onions, and garlic.
4. In a large pot, heat the butter. Saute the onions. When starting to look clear, add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook approximately 5-10 minutes, until everything is heated through and the tomatoes have started developing a creamy texture.
5. Season the tomates and onions with cumin, pepper, salt, and paprika.
6. Add the beans and pumpkin. Add enough water to cover all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the beans are cooked about 1 hour.
7. Take the squash peices out and mash or grind them. Then place back in the pot.
8. Grind the corn in a blender or food processor with the basil. Add it to the pot and cook for another 10 minutes or so. The starch from the corn should thicken the stew slightly.
9. (Optional) At the end add half a cup of milk product to make things creamy. The fattier the milk product the tastier the beans.