1. Peel, devein and rinse shrimp in cold water and put on paper towels to dry. When you are ready to cook the shrimp you may want to cut them in half so it is easier to eat with the pasta.
2. Put the linguine in a large pan of salted water and cook until al dente. This should be done ahead of time so the pasta is done just when you are ready to make the sauce.
3. Melt the butter and oil over medium heat in a large frying pan that will hold all the ingredients including the pasta.
4. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute.
5. Add the shrimp and the 1 tbsp. of salt and saute until the shrimp is just barely pink (approximately 5 minutes). Do not over cook or the shrimp will be tough.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon slices, parsley, pepper, and pepper flakes.
7. Thoroughly mix the ingredients and put back on the stove to reheat and add the linguine.
8. Mix the pasta with tongs until all ingredients have been incorporated and then serve it up.