Instructions for wafers:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix 2 sticks (1cup) butter, 2 cups flour, and 1/3 cup cream thoroughly.
3. Cover and chill about 1 hour.
4. Roll about 1/3 of dough at a time, 1/8 inch thick on floured cutting board.
5. Cut into 1-1 ½ inch circles.
6. Transfer rounds with spatula to piece of waxed paper that is heavily coated with sugar.
7. Turn each round so both sides are coated with sugar.
8. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Poke each round with fork 3-4 times.
10. Bake at 375 degrees 7-9 mins or until set, but not brown.
Instructions for filling:
1. Mix 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and food coloring until smooth and fluffy. (Grandma used pink/green!)
2. Add a few drops of water if necessary for spreading consistency.
3. Spread on a cooked round and cover with another round to make a cookie sandwich.