1. Cube white bread and brown in 1 Tbsp butter with onion and 1/2 tsp allspice.
2. Mix cottage cheese with 1 egg and bread mixture.
3. Set aside.
4. Mix 4 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 5 eggs.
5. Add warm water and knead well.
6. Roll dough on floured surface until it is about 1/8 in. thick 7. Cut into 4-5 in squares.
8. Put 2-3 Tbsp of cottage cheese mixture in center of squares of dough.
9. Pinch corners of dough together and seal seams.
10. Drop pockets into salted, boiling water, seam side down.
11. Boil 5 mins after water returns to rolling boil.
12. Removed from water with slotted spoon.
13. Put dumplings into colander to drain.
14. Serve with hot cream, with salt added to taste.