1/2 Cup butter
2/3 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 Cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Cup flour
1/2 Cup raisins
Beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Mix in the egg and lemon
extract. Blend. In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder,
salt and flour. Add the flour
mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in the raisins. Drop batter by
teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375? for 12 to 14
minutes or until
bottom of cookies are browned. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool a minute
before taking them off the cookie sheet (From the About dot com website)
This actually looks more like the recipe you're looking for.
Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
1 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Sugar (Granulated)
1 Each Egg
2 Tsp. Lemon Peel (Grated)
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice (Fresh)
2 Cup Flour (All Purpose)
1 Cup Cornmeal
1/4 Cup Corn Syrup (Light)
1/2 Cup Sugar Crystals (Yellow)
1. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until
2. Beat in egg, lemon peel and juice until blended.
3. With mixer on low speed, beat flour and cornmeal.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface to and 8" log.
6. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
7. Cut logs into 1/4" thick slices.
8. Cut each slice in half.
9. Place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
10. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until set and edges begin to brown lightly.
11. Remove to wire racks to cool.
12. Brush cookies lightly with corn syrup.
13. Sprinkle with or dip in sugar crystals.