1. Grease a large cookie sheet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add
a. 1-1/3 cups water (105º to 115º--check with thermometer)
b. Sprinkle 1 package active dry yeast over the warm water. Stir unil well blended.
3. Gradually add and stir with a wooden spoon:
T. sugar, 1/2 t. salt, and enough flour (about 3 1/2 cups) to form a soft and slightly sticky dough.
4. Turn dough onto a well-floured board. Knead dough 5-7 min, adding 1/2 cup flour if necessary until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Divide dough evenly between the people in your kitchen.
6. Roll each section between the palms of your hands until a 15" long rope forms.
7. Place rope on the baking sheet and shape.
8. Place 3" apart on the cookie sheet. Enlarge holes to prevent them from closing during baking.
9. Brush topes of pretzels with vegetable oil.
10. Sprinkle with one of these:
a. coarse salt (1/2 tsp.)
b. Cinnamon-sugar (1 1/2 tsp.)
c. Seasame seeds (1/2 tsp.)
d. Garlic Salt (1/4 tsp.)
11. Cover with plastic wrap.
12. Place in freezer.
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF
2. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
3. Prepare dip for pretzels, if desired.
a. vanilla icing (1 T.)
b. cheese sauce (1 T.)
c. pizza sauce (1 T. )
d. Parmesan cheese (1 T.)