1. Combine 2 Cups of the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast in large mixing bowl.
2. Scald milk in saucepan. Add butter and water. Cool to very warm (120º to 130º).
3. Add liquid mixture to flour/yeast mixture. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead until smooth and satiny, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Place dough in greased bowl, turning over to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 1/4 hours.
6. Punch down dough, divide in 1/2; let rise for 10 minutes. Shape each 1/2 into a loaf.
7. Place in 2 greased 9x5x3" loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
8. Bake at 350º for 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans; cool on racks.