1. Cook the ground beef and ground pork in a large pot over medium heat; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and basil and parsley.
2. In separate pan, saute the onion, celery and carrot until cooked. Add wine and cook until wine cooks up and then add into ground beef and pork mixture.
3. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste to meat mixture. Add sugar and bay leaf. Adjust salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes. Best simmered for 1-2 hours or in a crock pot on low for 6 hours.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg's, and Parmesan cheese in bowl.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
7. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles; cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain
8. Ladle enough of the meat sauce into a 9X13 inch baking dish to cover the bottom in a thin layer. Form a layer atop the sauce with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle about 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta cheese mixture and then ladle about 1/3 of meat sauce over the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering twice more, topping with the remaining 1/4 pound of mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake in a preheated oven 90 minutes. Allow to sit 10-15 minutes before serving.