1 bunch green onions, whole, tops off and cleaned
1 large carrot, thinly chopped julienne style
6 sheets nori (seaweed)
6 cups steamed rice (see page 1)
1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced in long ¼” slivers
1 large pickled daikon radish, cut into long slivers
½ lb bulgogi, chopped
–or- ½ lb crab meat, chopped
Lightly sauté the green onions and carrots individually in a small amount of olive oil in an iron skillet. Vegetables should remain crunchy but slightly limp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Set aside.
To assemble and roll:
1. Place a sheet of the nori on a sushi roller.
2. Place approximately 1 cup steamed rice (still hot) on the nori and gently spread to within ½” of the edges.
3. Sprinkle a little (or a lot, as you like) of the powdered vinegar over the rice.
4. Place a sliver of pickled daikon, cucumber, whole green onion, and few pieces of carrot and some avocado lengthwise on the rice.
5. Add either bulgogi or crab.
6. Carefully lift the rice-filled nori beginning on the long side and roll into a tight role using the sushi roller to help you tighten it as you go. Set aside and continue until all the seaweed and rice are used.
7. Slice into 1” pieces and serve with pickled ginger, horseradish and soy sauce.