1. In boiling water, cook shelled pecans for about two
minutes. Drain water from pot.
2. Stir in powdered sugar, cayenne pepper, and salt. Toss to
coat the hot pecans until they look glossy and the powdered
sugar has melted completely.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat peanut oil to about 350
If there is no way to check temperature on your stove top,
just heat the oil on medium heat.
After about 10 minutes, test the temperature by dropping one
pecan into the oil.
If it produces white "fizz" and moves around then it's time to
drop in all the pecans.
4. Put on an oven mitt to protect from splashing if needed.
5. Carefully spoon pecans into the oil and
cook for 4 minutes.
6. Remove pecans from oil with a perforated spoon and place
in a strainer or colander to drip-dry over a paper towel or
bowel. Blot with an additional paper towel if desired.
Store refrigerated in a ziplock bag for up to 2 weeks.