1. Soften gelatin in cold water.
2. Combine milk and salt in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
NOTE: If peppermint candy is only red and white - melt it in with the milk and salt until dissolved. If candy is red and GREEN then add the sugar & food coloring instead, then fold the peppermint pieces into the whipped cream mixture. (The problem is that if there is green and red in the peppermint mixture, it will turn the end product brown if melted into the milk.)
3. Stir until dissolved - add softened gelatin mixture and stir again, until dissolved.
4. Chill this mixture until partially set.
5. Fold in whipped cream (and peppermint candy if using red and green type).
6. Pour into chocolate Cookie pie shells and sprinkle with a few chocolate Cookie crumbs. Chill 6 hours or over night.
7. This may also be made in layers, using Oreos or chocolate wafers. They do not need to be in crumbs, just like the cookies up around the edge and bottom of pan and repeat layers. Garnish with cream and cut and serve in squares.