1. Using an electric mixer, blend the flour, salt,
and margarine together.
2. Add the milk and egg whites, and mix until all
ingredients are well blended.
3. Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F. and
lightly coat a nonstick popover pan with
nonstick cooking spray.
4. Fill the popover cups halfway and bake at
450 degrees F. for 20 minutes, then reduce
the heat to 375 degrees F., and bake
for another 20 minutes.
5. To check for doneness, remove one popover
from the pan, touch, and see if the walls are
firm: if not, the popover will collapse.
Serve immediately. Makes 10 popovers.
You can eat with butter, margarine, fruit
spreads or apple butter.
Per serving: 70 cal, 11 g carb, 0 mg chol, 120 mg sodium, 4 g prot, 1 g fat, *calories from fat = 7