Everybody knows that recipes help us make the dishes that we want to eat, however they can be so much more than just that.
Behind every recipe you love is a story to be told.
People love to learn more about a recipe before making it. How the recipe came to be, what things can be changed in it and why it is important in your life.
At FamilyCookbookProject.com our recipe form includes a space for personal notes. These notes allow you to tell your recipe story to others who you’ll share it with.
Here are some ideas of what you can put in the personal notes of a recipe:
- How are you first came across the recipe period
- When you first served the dish.
- Ingredients that can be switched out to make it healthier without affecting the overall result.
- Memories of other people serving this recipe before you.
- Side dishes or other food that accompanies it well.
So next time you enter a new recipe into FamilyCookbookProject.com, remember to share its story.
Bill Rice is founder and Co-Publisher of the Great Family Cookbook Project, a website that helps families and individuals collect and share food memories through customized printed cookbooks filled with treasured recipes. Follow us on Facebook and Pinterest!