½ c. unsalted butter
½ c. sugar
4 eggs, separated
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ c. flour
Pinch of salt
¾ c. cream
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chopped (or morsels)
3 T. Chambord
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped (or morsels)
½ c. confectioners" sugar
¼ c. cream
2 T. Chambord
1. To make cake, cream together butter and sugar until light. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate, and beat until blended. Sift flour with salt. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9" square pan. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 20 minutes, or until cake shrinks from sides of pan. Cool in pan on rack. Remove from pan.
3. To make filling, heat cream in a small saucepan, bringing just to a boil. Stir in chopped chocolate, mixing until it melts. Pour into a small bowl, then stir in Chambord. Refrigerated until very cold. Beat filling at medium speed until soft peaks form.
4. To make glaze, mix chopped chocolate, sugar and cream in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until chocolate melts and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in Chambord.
5. To assemble cake, spread chocolate filling over top surface of cake. Refrigerate until filling is very cold, then spread chocolate glaze over filling.