Crust: Make enough of a graham cracker crust to
cover the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
2-3 c graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c soft butter, or more as needed to get crumbs to
5 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, room temp
1 3/4 c sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/4 c heavy cream
1. Make Crust: In small bowl, combine crumbs,
lemon peel, and vanilla. Make a well in center; add
butter. With fingertips, mix until dough leaves side of
bowl. Reserve 1/2 c of this and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 500ºF. Lightly grease bottom and
sides of a 9 inch spring-form pan. Press the majority
of the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Make Filling: In a large bowl of electric mixer,
combine cheese with sugar, flour, lemon peel,
orange peel, and vanilla.
4. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating after
each addition. Beat only until mixture is well combined.
Add cream, beating until well combined.
5. Add filling to the crumb-lined pan and Bake for
6. Reduce oven temperature to 250ºF. Bake 1 hour
7. Cool in pan, on wire rack. (We turn off the oven
and keep oven door propped open with a towel until
it cools.) Then refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
8. To serve, put a 1/2 inch band of the reserved
crumbs around the perimeter of the top of the
cheesecake and fill the middle with fruit of your choice
(we use canned seedless cherries). Remove the
sides of the springform pan.