1. Place chicken and water in a stockpot and add onion, celery, and garlic.
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender (about 45 minutes).
4. Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool.
5. Skim off fat.
6. Smash cooked garlic cloves against side of pot.
7. Add undrained tomatoes, carrots, cumin, cayenne pepper, white pepper, and bouillon cube to the broth.
8. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
9. Add corn, green onion, and cilantro.
10. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
11. Skin and bone chicken then dice or shred it into bite size pieces.
12. Add chicken to soup along with cooked rice.
13. Heat through and season with salt to taste.
14. Serve with cheese or tortilla chip garnish.