1lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves- cut into chunks
2 tbsp. port wine
2 tbsp. soy souce
2 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
2 tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
1 oz. hot chile paste
1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 green chopped green onions
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts
4 oz. chopped peanuts
To make marinade:
1. Combine wine, soy sauce, oil and cornstarch/water mixture and mix together.
2. Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade.
3. Toss to coat.
4. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
To make sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp. port wine, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
2. Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts.
3. In a medum skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
4. Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear.
5. When sauce is aromatic, add sautéed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.