1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray the pie pan generously with vegetable oil.
2. Make the Crust: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white with a fork until frothy and add the remaining crust ingredients. Mix untill well blended and doughlike.
3. Place the dough in the center of the pie pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Press down through the plastic to spread the dough evenly to cover the entire inside of the pan. (Make sure to coat the sides all the way to the top.) Discard the plastic wrap and replace it with a round piece of parchment paper. (trim edges afterward if needed). Set aside and prepare the meringue
. 1. Make and bake the meringue: Add the egg whites to a pre-chilled glass mixing bowl and beat on high for about 1 minute until frothy. Then add the remaining meringue ingredients and continue beating until soft peaks form.
2. Scoop the meringue into the piecrust right on top of the parchment paper, and spread it out, mounding in the center. (the paper and meringue will be lifted off the crust after baking so the pie may be filled later.) Bake the crust and meringue together for 25 to 30 minutes until the meringue is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool till ready to fill. 1. Prepare an ice water bath with an insert bowl.
2. Make the filling and Pie: in a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg yolks, 1 1/2 cups water, splenda, lemon peel, lemon juice and salt. Cook while stirring slowly and constantly with a wooden spoon for about 15 minutes being careful not to let the filling boil.
3. Just before the filling is done, disolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water and let sit for one minute, then quickly whisk it into the hot filling.
4. Immediately remove the filling from the heat and pour it into the bowl resting in the ice water bath to cool.
5. Once cooled, pour the filling into the cooked pie crust.
6. Carefully remove the parchment paper from the baked meringue and place it on top of the filled pie to finish. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 2 hours before serving.